A guide to understanding how Lynden Schools communicates closures and delays due to inclement weather:
• School closure decisions will be communicated the prior evening whenever possible to allow for family planning. When unable, we will make our best effort to inform families and staff by 5:30 a.m. on days when a decision is made to delay or close schools.
• Local news sources will be provided with this information, although we do not control what they elect to do with it.
• Modified bus routes may need to be implemented. If so, we will include that information in our communication to families. Snow Bus Routes 2022-2023.
• The district does not communicate if there are no changes to the schedule. No news means school will operate as scheduled.
• Lynden Schools encourages students, families and staff to use their best judgement when traveling to and from schools during inclement weather.
Click on the falling snow to see if it’s snowing in Lynden