As leadership teams at each of the Lynden Schools set themes and specific areas of focus for the 2019-2020 school year, district-level leadership has done the same, highlighting four areas of focus with goals and essential strategies.
Four key areas of focus
• Safe and supportive learning environments where every child is known by name and need.
• College and career ready graduates to prepare students for life after high school.
• Family and community partnerships to nurture and build relationships with families and stakeholders to fully participate as partners in every child’s education.
• Responsible citizenship allowing students to develop an understating of an individual’s civic responsibility in the community and larger society.
To ensure every student remains on path for the areas of focus, Lynden Schools monitors a mixture of indicators. From third grade ELA and math assessments to high school attendance rates and Next Generation Science in fifth grade to school improvement plans, to name just a few, Lynden Schools uses a mixture of indicators across multiple grade levels to track the progress of students.
In order to give students across the district the best opportunity for success, Lynden Schools has placed a focus on three essential strategies:
• Quality instruction: Core instruction, guaranteed and viable curriculum, progress monitoring, job-embedded professional development and high expectations for self and students.
• Collaborative cultures: Collaborative teaming with an underlying growth mindset to continually seek out and apply best instructional practices.
• Safe and supportive learning environments: Social emotional learning is embedded in a multi-tiered system of support throughout Lynden Schools.