Cindy Huaracha: Every Day Serving Students is a Mystery

This post is part of the Lynden Schools Staff Spotlight series

Every time Cindy Huaracha enters the building at Fisher Elementary, she’s expecting a mystery. As an administrative assistant and the Spanish-language liaison at Fisher, she’s excited that every day presents a new challenge and a fresh perspective. It all adds up to her serving students and staff in so many different ways. 

The Role

Huaracha’s position includes a mixture of responsibilities. And that’s just the way she likes it. The variety ensures she’s always at the ready to help a range of people at Fisher Elementary, whether students, their families or staff. 

Technically an administrative assistant, she’s in charge of payroll, ASB bookkeeping and purchase orders, but she also supports administration and staff and serves as the Spanish liaison. She is always at the ready to move to help a student or family. “Being able to serve my staff and community, especially Hispanic/Latino families who need guidance,” she says, “I try to help any way I can.” 

At Fisher for six years, she says there’s never a dull moment and “every day is a mystery.” 

“I love seeing little ones come in the building each day smiling and eager to learn or when it’s the end of the day and they go home with their projects they proudly made,” Huaracha says, “it just makes my heart smile.”

Working with such a “friendly, easygoing” staff makes the work that much more enjoyable. 

Getting to Know Cindy

A self-described “soccer mom,” Huaracha is all about family. She has five children—four boys and one girl—and her spare time is committed to her family. “My weekends are spent at soccer fields, cheering on my boys, giving them all the love and support,” she says. “I believe that quality family time is important.”